The Hampshire Companies, a full-service, private real estate investment firm with equity in assets valued at over $2.5 billion, experienced strong levels of leasing activity throughout 2012, executing 1,868,914 square feet of new and renewal lease transactions. Hampshire also completed 10 property acquisitions totaling 1,097,138 square feet and 22 dispositions totaling 2,510,542 square feet of office, industrial and retail space.
“We continue to apply our cycle-tested expertise to today’s real estate marketplace, which has allowed us to leverage a variety of opportunities successfully throughout the past year,” said James E. Hanson II, President and CEO of The Hampshire Companies. “Our ability to acquire and maintain quality space allows us to meet the needs of a diverse tenant base. As the economy continues to grow, we expect to see more signs of positive absorption in 2013.”
Some of the major acquisition highlights include:
- Retail Power Center located in Burlington, N.J. totaling 417,569 square feet
- Retail building located in Lawrenceville, N.J. totaling 229,000 square feet
- Industrial / Flex building located in Parsippany, N.J. totaling 98,904 square feet
- Retail building located in Mount Laurel, N.J. totaling 91,758 square feet.
- Industrial building located in Carteret, N.J. totaling 74,000 square feet
- Retail building located in Albany, N.Y. totaling 65,000 square feet
Some of the major leasing highlights include:
- 255,000 square feet to Crown Column & Millworks at 3810 Pleasant Valley Road in Attalla, Ala.
- 254,000 square feet to Vira Manufacturing Warehouse at One Buckingham Avenue in Perth Amboy, N.J.
- 120,544 square feet leased to Davidson Foods at Newington Business Park in Newington, Conn.
- 107,730 square feet to BMW / Park Avenue Motors at 490 Huyler Street in South Hackensack, N.J.
- 85,000 square feet leased to Fillo Foods at 10 Fairview Court in Northvale, N.J.
- 61,646 square feet leased to Gardiner’s Furniture at Pasadena Crossroads in Pasadena, Md.
- 56,896 square feet leased to MSN Services at 39 Robinson Road in Lodi, N.J.
- 50,000 square feet leased to Flight Systems at 1225 So. Market Street in Mechanicsburg, Pa.
- 40,369 square feet leased to Perlen Converting at 135 Algonquin Parkway in Whippany, N.J.
- 39,702 square feet leased to LSG Sky Chefs at 8401 Escort Street in Philadelphia, Pa.
- 32,300 square feet leased to Bonded Services at 86 – 110 Orchard Street in Hackensack, N.J.
- 25,000 square feet leased to Marshalls at Franklin Square Shopping Center in Bloomfield, N.J.
To learn more about The Hampshire Companies or its available space, please visit HampshireRE.com.
About The Hampshire Companies
The Hampshire Companies is a full-service, private real estate investment firm based in Morristown, N.J. The Hampshire Companies is a vibrant, dynamic organization that combines creative vision and superior execution, thereby enabling it to create and enhance value in real estate investments. Additional information on The Hampshire Companies is available online at HampshireRE.com.
R&J Public Relations